Cobleskill Village Hall is located at 378 Mineral Springs Road, Cobleskill NY 12043; phone: 518-234-3891.
Cobleskill was incorporated April 3, 1868, and is situated on the creek of the same name. (The town, village and creek are named for Jacob Coble [Kobel].) It is a station on the Albany & Susquehanna Railroad, forty-five miles from Albany. The Sharon & Cherry Valley Railroad connects this place with Sharon Springs and Cherry Valley in Otsego County. It is well laid out, the streets are nicely shaded with trees, and the principal sidewalks well flagged. It already contains some fine business blocks, with more in prospect, many neat and comfortable, and some elegant residences. It contains three churches, a fine brick schoolhouse, a bank, four hotels, a newspaper printing office, the Empire Agricultural Works, a steam planing mill, sash and blind manufactory, etc., two wagon shops, a grist mill, two saw mills, two marble shops, a large number of stores and mechanic shops of various kinds, and about 1,800 in habitants.