Cobleskill Town Hall is located at 2668 State Route 7, Cobleskill NY 12043; phone: 518-296-8180.
Cobleskill, named in honor of Jacob Coble (Kobel), who built a mill at Central Bridge at an early period, was formed from Schoharie, March 17, 1797. The line with Sharon was changed in 1799. A part of Carlisle was taken off in 1807, a part of Summit in 1819, and Richmondville in 1845. It is an interior town, lying north of the center of the county. The surface is principally a hilly upland, broken by the deep valley of Cobleskill, which flows east through the center.
The first town meeting of Cobleskill was held at the house of Lamber Lawyer in 1797, at which John H Shaver was chosen Supervisor; Jacob L. Cuyler, Clerk; David Zea, David Schuyler, John Redington, Mathew Young, Henry Shaver, Assessors; George Wright, George Warner, Ephraim Young, Commissioners of Highways; Jacob Bouck, William Brown, Collectors; Peter Shaver, Christian Brown, Overseers of the Poor; David Schuyler, Sylvester Nash, John Punk, Commissioners of Schools.