Moreau Town Hall is located at 61 Hudson Street, South Glens Falls, NY 12803; phone: 518-792-1030.
A large portion of Moreau State Park is located within the town.
"The area around Moreau Lake was originally a summer home and estate developed by George W. McAdam, a wealthy attorney. The lands were acquired over a 20 year period beginning in 1881. From 1935 to 1940 the area began to develop as a seasonal campground. The natural lake, existing forests and topography offered a scenic area for swimming, camping and other recreational activities. By 1940, the area of the park had been developed with dirt access roads along the southwestern and southeastern areas around Moreau Lake. Between 1940 and 1949, cabins or residences were constructed along the shores of Moreau Lake." — Source: Executive Summary: Moreau Lake State Park Environmental Impact Statement, New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation, 2006, Albany NY.
Moreau was named for Marshal Moreau, who visited the U.S. in 1804-5. The town was taken from Northumberland, March 28, 1805.