Greenfield Town Hall is located at 7 Wilton Road, Greenfield Center NY 12833; phone: 518-896-7432.
Greenfield was formed form Saratoga and Milton, March 12, 1793. A part of Hadley was taken off in 1801. It lies a little north-west of the center of the County. The Palmertown Mountains extend along the east border; and the Kayaderosseras Mountains occupy the west part of the town. A valley about six miles wide separates these ranges. The principal streams are the Kayaderosseras and its branches. The Adirondack Railroad extends through the town.
The first settlers were two men named Haggerty and Root who located near Haggerty Hill in 1784.