Ballston Town Hall is located at 323 Charlton Road, Ballston Spa, NY 12020; phone: 518‑885‑5711.
Town of Ballston was formed from Saratoga as a district, April 1, 1775; organized as a town March 7, 1788. Charlton, Galway and Milton were taken off in 1792. It lies upon the border of the county S. W. of the center. Ballston is on the line of Milton, a small portion only of the village is within this town. Burnt Hills, Ballston Centre, Academy Hill, East Line and South Ballston, are small villages. Population of town, 2,089.