Orangetown Town Hall is located at 26 Orangeburg Road, Orangeburg NY 10962; phone: 845-359-5100.
Orangetown was formed March 7, 1788 and was named for Orange County of which it was a part at that time. The first settlement was supposed to have been made by the Dutch as early as 1680. The first church was formed in 1694 and the first preacher was Reverend Guilliam Bartholf. Among the early settlers were families named Aurlancey, Harring, Blauvelt, Van Houten and Tallman, whose names appear in church records as early as 1694.