Valley Falls Village
Valley Falls Village Hall is located at 55 State Street, Valley Falls, NY 12185; phone: 518‑753‑6131.
Originally called Pittstown, the name was changed to the Village of Valley Falls sometime before 1860. It was incorporated in 1904. The village straddles the Hoosic River.
As was common for most communities along the river, the descent of water and the construction of dams made water powered mills the early industries in the village. Records show that Ludovicus Viele was among the first settlers, in 1772.