Brunswick Town Hall is located at 336 Town Office Road, Troy NY 12180; phone: 518-279-3461.
The Town of Brunswick was formed from Troy in 1807. It was located within the Manor of Rensselaerwick, to which perpetual ground rents were due through the mid-19th century, when the proprietors began negotiating fee simple titles to the land. In 1880, Brunswick was described as "a fine farming town, splendid fields, under careful cultivation, stretching away in every direction. The town's agricultural success was closely tied to its proximity to the rapidly expanding industrial City of Troy, which it borders on the west. Brunswick farmers produced milk, vegetables, fruits, and hay for the Troy market; in addition, Troy's ready access to other markets via the Hudson River and the Erie Canal enabled Brunswick farmers to ship grain and secure cash sales for their products. The pastoral scenery of the town and its convenient location attracted Troy families as residents during the 19th century.