Holley Village Hall is located at 72 Public Square, Holley NY 14470; phone: 585-638-6367.
Incorporated in 1850 under the name Saltport, the village name was changed to honor Myron Holley, one of the commissioners of the Erie Canal.
The Village of Holley is a small canal town of about 1,800 people located in eastern Orleans County, New York. The village has a proud past as an important stop on the Erie Canal. The waterway helped the growth of industry in the village, as did easy access to the railroad network. Holley has always had a strong connection with its agricultural surroundings, including the presence of fruit and vegetable canning operations which flourished for many decades.
During the mid and late 1900s, Holley transitioned to more of a bedroom community, as Rochester's suburban expansion extended into eastern Orleans County. This transition has been amplified recently as several national retailers and restaurants have been established just outside of Brockport, a college town that is a mere ten minute drive from Holley. This growth amplified the national trend of declining small cities and towns, and Holley's Public Square struggled to compete economically. 
The village is approximately 1.3 square miles.