Farmington Town Hall is located at 1000 County Route 8, Farmington NY 14425; phone: 315-986-8100.
Farmington was formed January 27, 1789 and took its name from Farmington, Connecticut. Farmington was the first sale made by Phelps and Gorham, the first purchasers being Nathaniel Comstock, Benjamin Russell, Abraham Lapham, Edmund Jenks, Jeremiah Brown, Ephraim Fish, Nathan Herendeen, Nathan Aldrich, Stephen Smith, Benjamin Rickenson, William Baker, and Dr. Daniel Brown. Most became settlers on the purchase. Many of the pioneer settlers were Quakers. A Friends Meeting was organized about 1794.