Bristol Town Hall is located at 6740 County Road #32, Canandaigua NY 14424; phone: 585-229-2400.
Bristol was formed in January 1789, and was named from Bristol County MA, from which the first settlers came. South Bristol was taken off in 1838 and a part was annexed to Richmond in 1848, then, subsequently restored in 1852. Pioneer settlers included Gamaliel Wilder and Joseph Gilbert who located here in 1790. The first store and tavern were opened in 1793 by Stephen Sisson. William Gooding and George Codding settled here in 1789. By 1868 there were 4 churches in the town: Baptist, Congregationalist, Methodist Episcopal, and Universalist.