Otisco Town Hall is located at 1924 Barker Street Tully, NY 13159; phone: 315-696-4676.
The town was part of the former Central New York Military Tract. The town was first settled by outsiders around 1798, but permanent settlement began around 1801. The Town of Otisco was formed in March, 1806 from parts of other towns: Pompey, Marcellus, and Tully. The name, "Otisco," derives from the Native American (Iroquois), Us-te-ke, meaning "bitter-nut-hickory." The name "Otisco" appeared on an 1825 map. The same Iroquois name referred to Nine Mile Creek.