Onondaga Town Hall is located at 5020 Ball Road, Syracuse, NY, 13215; phone: 315-469-1583.
Before the American Revolution, this town was the capital of the Six Nations. It was attacked by the Continental Army on April 21, 1779. The town is still located within the territory of the Onondaga, a constituent tribe of the Iroquois. This region was within the Central New York Military Tract, but part of the town was a reservation in the tract reserved for members of the Onondaga.
The Town of Onondaga was incorporated on April 2, 1798 from parts of other towns, with several subsequent boundary changes. The town was established originally, when Onondaga County was formed in 1794, from parts of the Towns of Marcellus, Pompey, and Manlius.