Elbridge Town Hall is located on Route 31W, Jordan, NY 13080; phone: 315-689-9031.
In 1793, Josiah Buck and William Stevens settled in what is now the Town of Elbridge. The Town was named after Elbridge Gerry, a Vice President of the United States, and one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence. On March 29, 1829, land was taken from the neighboring Town of Camillus to establish the Town of Elbridge. Water access to the Seneca River, Skaneateles Creek, Cross Lake and the Erie Canal led the Town to prosper. In recent years, the Town has dwindled with a loss of industry, and is now home to many commuting workers to nearby Syracuse and Auburn, New York.