Camillus Village Hall is located at 37 Main Street, Camillus, NY 13031; phone: 315-672-3484.
The Village of Camillus was part of the former Central New York Military Tract. It is one of the first locations settled in the town, around 1790. The completion of the north Seneca Turnpike and the contemporary development of the neighboring plaster beds gave the first decided impetus to the village of Camillus. The village of Camillus was for many years a center of great activity, and promised a brilliant future. It was an important grain market and shipping point, especially by the canal, and the volume of business transacted reached extensive proportions. In 1852 the village received corporate privileges. A protest against the Fugitive Slave Law was formulated in the village in 1852.