Camillus Town Hall is located at 4600 West Genesee Street, Syracuse, NY 13219; phone: 315-488-1234.
Camillus was part of the former Central New York Military Tract. Founded on March 8, 1799, the Town of Camillus is named after the Roman general Marcus Furius Camillus and is the only Town in the United States to bear that name. The early development of the town started with the opening of the Erie Canal in 1825. Several major state highways and railroads serve the area. Waterborne cargo moves east and west on the New York State Barge Canal, and the St. Lawrence Seaway gives area industries direct access to the oceangoing vessels through the Port of Oswego.