Youngstown Village Hall is located at 240 Lockport Street, Youngstown NY 14174; phone: 716-745-7721.
The village is named for John Young who, in 1809, built a store at the landing area.
Village Beginnings 
The Village of Youngstown was incorporated April 18, 1854. The first village election was held the following October. The first elected trustees were George Swain, Samuel Fosdick, Nelson R. Davis, Lewis C. Beals, and Alfred Emerson. Other villages posts were held by David Burge, Paul Durfee, George C. Hotchkiss. and John Hart.