banner search whats new site index home

Lockport Town

Lockport Town Hall is located at 6560 Dysinger Road, Lockport NY 14094; phone: 716-439-9520.

Incorporated in 1824, the Town of Lockport was taken from lands that had formerly been part of the towns of Cambria and Royalton. The incorporation was no doubt largely driven by speculators knowing that this area was chosen as the spot where the Erie Canal would be constructed to ascend the Niagara escarpment. Construction on this section of the canal began in 1825.

Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 17523