Hagaman Village Hall is located at 86 Pawling Street, Hagaman NY 12086; phone: 518-843-2480.
Hagaman's Mills was founded by Joseph Hagaman around 1777 along the Chuctanunda Creek. He erected a saw mill and a grist mill shortly after settling here. By 1802 there were 5 mills operating at various spots along the North Chuctanunda. The hamlet was incorporated as a village in 1892.
A reformed church was organized in 1850. Charles Milne was the first pastor. The Anchor Knitting Mills were built around 1879-1880; the mill was owned by William M. Pawling. Around the same time, Henry H. Pawling opened the Star Hosiery Mills.