banner search whats new site index home

Fonda Village

Fonda Village Hall is located at 8 East Main Street, Fonda NY 12068; phone: 518-853-4335.

Fonda was incorporated as a village in 1850, having come of age with the opening of the Erie Canal in 1825 and the arrival of the railroad in 1835. The village is named for Douw Fonda whe settled here in 1751, having come from Schenectady.The land on which the village sits was once a Mohawk Indian village named "Caughnawaga." Fonda lies along the northern bank of the Mohawk River, opposite Fultonville.

Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • • 14050