Parma Town Hall is located at 1300 Hilton-Parma Corners Road, Hilton NY 14468; phone: 585-392-9461.
Parma was formed from Northampton [now Gates] in 1808. Lake Ontario forms its northern border.
The first settlement was made in 1794 by Bezaleel Atchinson and his sons, Stephen and John, from Tolland, Connecticut. They settled in the northeast part near Braddocks Bay. Among other early settlers were Michael Beach, Silas Leonard, George Goodhue and Timothy Madden, who came in and settled in 1802; Jonathan Underwood, Gibbon Jewett, George Huntley, Abner Brockway, Jr., James Egbert and Jonathan Ogden, in 1805; Hope and Elisha Downs, in 1809; Augustus Mather, Lendell Curtiss, Samuel Castle and Kinnicome Roberts came in and settled in 1810, and Joshua Whitney in 1811.