Ogden Town Hall is located at 269 Ogden Center Road, Spencerport, NY 14559; phone: 585-617-6100.
Ogden, named in honor of William Ogden, was formed from Parma in 1817.
The first settlement of the town was made by George W. Willey, from East Haddam, Connecticut. Abraham, Ephraim, Isaac and Timothy Colby came the same year. In 1803 and 1804 William H. Spencer, Josiah Mather, Jonathan Brown, Henry Hahn, Daniel Wandle, Benjamin Willey, Benjamin Freeman, Daniel Spencer and Colonel Eastman Colby, a brother of those before mentioned, settled in the town. Dr. John Webster came to town in 1803. Judge William B. Brown and Daniel Arnold came in 1805, and Austin Spencer in 1808. These settlers were all from Connecticut. Among other early settlers was Stephen Gridley, who came from Oneida County in 1811.