The Town of Nunda is located at 9364 Water Cure Road, Nunda NY 14517; phone: 585-468-5177.
Nunda was formed from the town of Angelica, Allegany County, March 11, 1808. Its people early manifested a desire to annex the town to this county, and measures were taken to effect this object soon after the county was organized. They were not successful however and it was not until 1846 that Nunda was taken from Allegany and annexed to Livingston.
Nunda Station, on the Erie Railway, is in the southwest part of the town, and a busy place. East Hill, in the southeast part of the town is a small hamlet. Coopersville, in the northern part, contains a grist-mill and a few houses.