Avon Town Hall is located at 57 Genesee Street, Avon NY 14414; phone: 585-226-2425.
The Town of Avon was organized in 1797. The first permanent settlement was in 1789 along the river. There Gilbert and Maria Berry built a log tavern and operated a rope ferry.
Passenger rail service between Avon and New York City was inaugurated in July of 1853. Today's railroad heritage in Avon continues for shipment of goods (no passengers) via the Livonia, Avon and Lakeville short line railroad.