Cold Brook Village
Cold Brook Village Hall, PO Box 215, Cold Brook NY 13324; phone: 315-826-5656.
Settlement began in Cold Brook as early as 1810. Seth Fenner built the first grist mill in 1811 for Judge Bowen and, at the time, also built a saw mill for himself. A distillery was built in 1818. Lemuel Carpenter built a distillery in 1825. Charles and Roselle Rhodes built a sash and door factory. The first store was kept, in 1830, by Daniel Terry. Allen Baker kept a store on the opposite corner in 1835. The first cheese box factory was established by Jefferson Moon. The first tavern was kept by Stephen and Arthur Smith. James L. Heffernan and David Walrath were early tailors. Amos Carpenter was the first shoemaker. Luther Joles had a flax mill in 1835.