Coxsackie Village Hall is located at 119 Mansion Street, Coxsackie NY 12051; phone: 518-731-2727.
Coxsackie was originally settled by the Dutch; it was part of Albany county, and organized in 1788. Pop. 3,539. It derives its name from an Indian word, meaning "hooting of owls." Coxsackie village and landing on the Hudson lies 124 miles from New York, 20 from Albany. The village is over a mile west of the landing and has about 100 dwellings. At the landing there is a large village, where there is a good deal of business transacted connected with the river.