Alexander Town Hall is located at 3350 Church Street, Alexander NY 14005; phone: 585-591-8166.
Alexander town was formed from Batavia June 8, 1812. Tonawanda creek flows northward from the Alexander line to Batavia Village. Alexander Rea, a surveyor for the Holland Land Company, made the first land purchase here, in 1802, and erected a sawmill in 1804 in what is now the Village of Alexander.
By 1812, when the town was incorporated, approximately 100 families had settled in the area.