Westport Town Hall is located at 22 Champlain Avenue, Westport NY 12993; phone: 518-962-4419.
Westport was formed from Elizabethtown in 1815. A small settlement was begun and a mill was built in the southern part of the town prior to the American Revolution. Following the war, Charles Hatch settled and opened the first store and inn. Other early settlers were Joseph Stachy and Nathan Hammond. A Methodist Episcopal church was formed in 1800 with the Reverend Cyrus Comstock as its first preacher.