St Armand Town
St Armand Town Hall is located at 1702 State Route 3, Bloomingdale NY 12913; phone: 518-891-3189.
Lying in the northwest corner of Essex County, spread over approximately 57 square miles, the Town of St. Armand was incorporated in 1844 from the Town of Wilmington. It was named by Charles S. Toof for his home town in Canada. Toof settled in Bloomingdale about 1842, having arrived to engage in the lumber business. The village of Bloomingdale itself was not named until 1852, also by Charles Toof, along with Nathan Hayes and James Pierce.