Minerva Town Hall is located at 5 Morse Memorial Highway, Minerva NY 12851; phone: 518-251-2869.
The Town of Minerva was incorporated in 1817 having been taken off from Schroon Town. The first settlers were Ebenezer West and his sons Nathan, Ebenezer and John, in 1804. Other early settlers included William Hill, Thomas Leonard, Richard Mille, Abner Talman, James Carey, Philo Hawley, and A. P. and Asa Morse. The first settlements were chiefly made along the line of the Canton and Chester Road.