Aurora Town Hall is located at 5 South Grove Street, East Aurora NY 14052; phone: 716-652-3280.
The Town and the Village of East Aurora are served by the East Aurora Union Free School District.
Aurora was formed from Batavia in 1804. Its name was changed from Willink to Aurora in 1818. It was a much larger town. From 1808 through 1857 it lost land to more than 7 newly-formed municipalities. First settlement in the area was made by Jabez Warren, Henry Godfrey and Nathaniel Emerson in 1803. The first church (Baptist) was organized in 1810 by Elder Irish.