Millerton Village Hall is located at 21 Dutchess Avenue, Millerton NY 12546; phone: 518-789-4489.
Millerton derived its name from a contractor named Miller, who built the railroad through the village in 1845, and established his headquarters here. Millerton had a bustling business section and was a distribution center for a large dairy region, shipping the product by railroad and truck to New York City.
The village lies at the foot of the Taconic Tri-State Park, a recreation area 20 miles long on the Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New York borders. Most of the New York section lines in Columbia County, immediately to the north.