Stamford Village Hall is located at 84 Main Street, Stamford NY 12167; phone: 607-652-6671.
Stamford was first settled by trappers and farmers in the 1700's and grew rapidly as a stop over for travelers on the Catskill and Susquehanna Turnpikes. In the early 1800's, the village acted as a distribution center for area farmers and the fast growing butter industry in Delaware County. During this period, people would occasionally travel to Stamford to hike and camp in the mountain air. However, it was not until the construction of the Ulster and Delaware Railroad in 1872 that Stamford grew as a resort area. Many homeowners began to rent rooms to accommodate the new vacationers.