banner search whats new site index home

Marathon Village

Marathon Village Hall is located at 18 Tannery Street, Marathon NY 13803; phone: 607-849-3812.

Marathon was incorporated as a village in 1861.

Beginnings [1]

In 1869 Marathon was a postal village on both sides of the Tioughnioga; it was a station stop on the Syracuse, Binghamton and New York railroad and contained three churches, an academy, a newspaper office, two hotels, a large grist and flour mill, a number of saw mills, a large tannery, a number of stores and mechanic shops and about 1,100 residents.

  1. Hamilton Child, Gazetteer and Business Directory of Cortland County N.Y., for 1869, The Journal Office, Syracuse, 1869.
Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • • 17546