Cincinnatus Town Hall is located on 2628 Lower Cincinnatus Road, Cincinnatus NY 13040; phone: 607-863-4220.
Settlement in the town of Cincinnatus began after the opening of the Military Tract in central New York in 1791. The first settlers to arrive in what would become the hamlet of Cincinnatus were Ezra Rockwell in 1795 and John Kingman in 1797. Within a few years, other settlers arrived and a number of small industries and shops had developed near the Otselic River, particularly along the east bank. North-south roads developed on both sides of the river, linked by a through road (Main Street) at the fording place. As a result, two principal crossroads developed in Cincinnatus; the eastern node subsequently developed as a hub of regional commerce, whereas the western four corners developed as the location of the principal church, the local school, and the residences of the hamlet's leading citizens.