Kinderhook Village Hall is located at 6 Chatham Street, Kinderhook NY 12106; phone: 518-758-9882.
The village was incorporated in 1838. It is located along the Kinderhook Creek. In 1871 there were 1,500 inhabitants and it contained 4 churches, 4 schools, 2 banks, a printing office, 2 hotels, and several stores. The Kinderhook Steam Cotton Mill, was established in 1846 by Hoes & Chrysler; it manufactured cotton goods. The Kinderhook Hoop Skirt Works,, established in 1860, manufactured hoop skirts, scarfs, neck-ties, and bow ties.