New Berlin Town
New Berlin Town Hall is located at 30 North Main Street, New Berlin NY 13411; phone: 607-847-8909.
New Berlin was formed from Norwich in 1807. Its name was changed to "Lancaster" in 1821, and the original name restored in 1822. Part of Sherburne was taken off in 1822.
Daniel Scribner settled here, upon the Unadilla, in 1790. Among other early settlers were Nathaniel and Joseph Medbery, Thomas Sarle, Samuel Anderson, Silas Burlingame, Jerem Goodrich, Levi Blakeslee, Charles Knapp, and Joseph Moss. The first child was born here in 1797, Louisa Bancroft. The first inn was kept by Daniel Scribner; Job Vail built the first mill; Levi Blakeslee had the first store.