Pomfret Town Hall is located at 9 Day Street, Fredonia NY 14063; phone: 716-672-7496.
Pomfret was formed from Chautauqua, March 11, 1808. Ellicott, Gerry, and Hanover were taken off in 1812, a part of Sheridan in 1827, and parts of Arkwright in 1829 and 1830. The southern part of the town gives rise to several branches of the Cassadaga Creek. In 1860 the town included the (then) postal villages of Dunkirk, Fredonia, Laona, and Brigham.