Fallon City Hall is located at 55 West Williams Avenue, Fallon, NV 89406; phone: 775-423-5104.
The City of Fallon had its beginnings in 1894 when Jim Richards built a little general store at the crossroads of two well-traveled trails which would become Maine Street and Williams Avenue. The Native Americans and the earliest settlers called this area Jim Town. In 1896, a couple of blocks further west Jim and Eliza (Bruner) Fallon established a post office on their ranch. Soon the little community was officially named Fallon.
By 1907 Fallon had become the seat of Churchill County government. A railroad spur had been completed from Hazen to Fallon allowing import and export of products. Derby Dam on the Truckee River was finished. The completion of the Truckee Canal supplied water to the nearby communities of Wadsworth, Fernely and lands adjacent to the Carson River. The United States Reclamation Office offered land parcels of 80 to 160 acres. The first water was supplied to homesteaders on February 5, 1906.