Tuckerton Borough Hall is located at 140 East Main Street, Tuckerton, NJ 08087; phone: 609-296-2701.
Tuckerton as described in 1939 
Tuckerton, on the Tuckerton River, us a shopping center for the Little Egg Harbor district. The highway follows the main street, which has a good quota of stores and one hotel. The town was founded about 1699 and by 1702 Friends had constructed a meeting house that was replaced in 1872 by one with a plain frame, lying in a grove directly behind the business center.
In Colonial days Tuckerton was a notable port of entry; flax and molasses formed a large part of the trade. Silkworms were cultivated here and the town is still studded with mulberry trees. British raiders burned 30 prize ships here taken by the Americans in 1778.