Barnegat Light Borough
Barnegat Light Borough Hall is located at 10 East 7th Street, Barnegat Light NJ 08006; phone: 609-494-9196.
The Barnegat Light post office is located at 10 West 10th Street, Barnegat Light NJ 08006. Originally known as Barnegat City when incorporated in 1904, a referendum vote in 1948 resulted in the change to the present name of the municipality. The boro is noted for Barnegat Lighthouse, second tallest in the U.S., commissioned in 1859, now owned by the State of N.J.