Morris Township municipal offices are located at 50 Woodland Avenue, Convent Station, NJ 07961; phone: 973-326-7360.
Early settlers came to the area about 1740. The township was incorporated in 1798 as one of the State's initial 104 townships. Originally, much larger than its present size, various towns were created out of Morris between 1806 and 1866. These include Chatham, Morristown, Passaic and Long Hill.