Morris County New Jersey
Photo: Thomas Nast Home, ca. 1873, MacCulloch Avenue and Miller Road, Morristown, NJ. The house was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1964 and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1966. Photographed by User:Daniel Case (own work), 2008, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed November, 2012.
The Morris County Courthouse is located at Washington and Court Street, Morristown NJ 07960; phone: 973-656-4000. Built in 1827, the courthouse is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Morris County was created in 1738 from Hunterdon County. Originally it included the territory that is now Sussex and Warren Counties. It was named for Lewis Morris who was serving as New Jersey's governor at the time the county was organized.
- John W. Barber and Henry Howe, Historical Collections of the State of New Jersey, Benjamin Olds publisher, New Haven, 1844.
Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2017 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com
• 215-295-6555 • 2760