Allenhurst Borough Hall is located at 125 Colies Avenue, Allenhurst NJ 07711; phone: 732-531-2757.
Adjoining Deal Beach on the south, a mile from Asbury Park, is the borough of Allenhurst, which was erected from Ocean Township, April 26, 1897, with the following boundaries: On the east by the Atlantic Ocean, on the north by the southerly line of lands of the Deal Beach Land Company, on the west by the middle of the north arm of Deal Lake, and on the south by Loch Arbour. The territory was originally the property of Thomas White, a Scotchman who gave to his home the name of Loch Arbour. The borough has many handsome residences, a large number of which are owned and occupied by businessmen of Asbury Park.
Allenhurst before 1896 was a tract of farm land, when in that year the Coast Land Company was organized under the presidency of Edwin P. Benjamin. The company attracted to the place many men of wealth and position and it was soon transformed into a thriving village. The settlement is under a borough organization with a commission form of government, and has a system of waterworks, adequate sewerage, and electric light. A fine esplanade extends along the entire ocean front of the borough, in the center of which is a spacious pavilion. The population of the borough is in the neighborhood of 500 souls, and the people observe August 10th as the anniversary of its settlement with a general celebration.