Lebanon Township municipal offices are located at 530 West Hill Road, Glen Gardner, NJ 08826; phone: 908-638-8523.
The township was established in 1734.
Among the pioneers was Abraham Banghart, better known as "Uncle Abram." He lived on the land purchased by his father in 1765. His grandfather came from Rhinebeck, Germany, and hired out as a teamster with Allen & Turner at Solitude Forge. His son George purchased 300 acres of William, Richard and Daniel Coxe of Burlington, and built a log house on the same spot where "Uncle Abram" lived and died. In those days wild turkeys were quite often seen in this vicinity and as late as 1820 deer were plentiful in Lebanon Township.
James Force was one of the pioneer settlers, near what is now Glen Gardner. His grandfather, William Force, in company with two brothers, came from England. He married a Miss Wolliver, whose father was from Rhinebeck, Germany. Thomas Force was a millwright and settled at Rowland's Mills over a hundred years ago.