Glen Gardner Borough
Glen Gardner Borough Hall is located at 83 Main Street, Glen Gardner NJ 08826; phone: 908-537-4748.
Originally named Eveland after John Eveland who opened a tavern (the present Glen Gardner Hotel) in 1760. Glen Gardner Borough was incorporated in 1919.
According to the Borough website (www.glengardnernj.org, accessed December 2009): "The Borough of Glen Gardner gets it's name from "Glen" the area in which the town is situated, between two mountains with a stream (Spruce Run) running through the center and 'Gardner' the name of the family of five inventive and business-minded brothers who put the town on the map."