Frenchtown Borough Hall is located on Second Street, Frenchtown NJ 08825; phone: 908-996-4524.
Boro land area is 1.2 square miles. Public elementary students (K-8) attend Frenchtown Elementary at 902 Harrison Ave, Frenchtown 08825; phone 908-996-2751. High School students (9-12) attend Delaware Valley Regional High School, 19 Senator Stout Rd, Frenchtown 08825; phone: 908-996-2131.
Frenchtown Boro is home to the National Register Frenchtown Historic District.  Before the American Revolution, Thomas Lowrey owned the area now comprising the Frenchtown Historic District. He built a gristmill on the land fronting the Delaware River. Lowrey sold the land (968 acres) in 1794 to Paul Henri Mallet-Prevost, who served as a soldier in the French Revolution. Though he was thought to be French – hence the name Frenchtown – Paul Henri was a Swiss! The borough was set off from Alexandria Township on April 4, 1867. By 1881 Frenchtown was the site of several mills, stores, and taverns.