Bloomsbury Borough Hall is located at 91 Brunswick Avenue, Bloomsbury NJ 08804; phone: 908-479-4200.
The borough was incorporated from Bethlehem Township in 1905. There are two versions of how the borough was named. One suggests the name honors the Bloom family who were prominent in the early affairs of the town. A second rendition refers back to Robert Johnson, and the town's former name of "Johnson's Iron Works." Ore from the Musconetcon mountain was bundled into "blooms" for transportation down the river to the iron forge.