Clayton Borough offices are located at 125 North Delsea Drive, Clayton NJ 08312; phone: 856-881-2882.
By 1812 there were 16 families in Fisler Town. In 1847 Francis Wilson purchased land (Fries Mill) and opened a saw mill. In 1850 the name was changed to Fislerville; Dr, Jacob Fisler and Benjamin Beckett built a glass factory which resulted in a growth spurt for the town. The Fislerville Post Office was established in 1852. A Presbyterian Church was built in 1869. In 1858 Clayton Township was incorporated from Glassboro, Aura and Fislerville. The Borough of Clayton was incorporated in 1887. [www.claytonnj.com, accessed August, 2009]