Winslow Township Town Hall is located at 125 South Route 73, Hammonton NJ 08037; phone: 609-567-0700.
Winslow Township was incorporated in 1845 from Gloucester Township. The first town meeting was held at the Blue Anchor Inn owned by Josiah Albertson. The Inn was located along an old Indian trail first settled by Europeans ca. 1726. In addition to the tavern, a sawmill was in operation on the Egg Harbor River by the early 1700s. The village of Winslow was named for a son of William Coffin. Coffin, together with Andrew Hay, established a glass factory here about 1833.